February 20, 2006

Monday Monday



Back from a lil jaunt to the land of the rising sun.......yeah right actually I posted elsewhere about my time away from this blog and everything else.

From previous post:

Mr. MacBride you may now open your eyes, we have made it pass the downed power cables unscathed Downed power cables!? Where the hell are we? Approximately 5 minutes away from Sinjin Municipal Airport 5 minutes you said it would take us an hour its only been 20 minutes. Mr. MacBride you requested speed and I fulfilled that request Um yeah right. When I adjusted the speed, you lost consciousness Um no I was just resting my eyes.


Destination reached, Sinjin Municipal Airport western arrival gates Well thanks um uh, the hell do I call you. My current designation is… breep breep breep incoming call from Mr. Johanson Miles where are you?
I am outside the western arrival gates of the airport.
Right we’re on our way out.
Ok..click

So my niece did her own thing this past Saturday and prepared the dinner. Her menu was two kinds of boneless chicken tenders, tossed green salad,potatoe salad, and green beans. Came out pretty good if I must say so. For Sunday since it was hella cold out there I put together a good sized pot of Chicken Stew with potatoes,onions,carrots,celery,black eyed peas,roasted garlic and much more. Sister hooked up some smothered greens (collards,turnip,and kale) with smoked turkey drumsticks for extra flavor. My nieced handled the desert duties, she made a strawberry short cake with whipped cream, and I think she did a special starwberry sauce or something like that. Later on this week looks like some smothered cabbage may be on the menu,plus catfish and whatever else comes to mind.

Tap tap tap…Miles unlock the doors. Ok gimme a sec. Where’s the door lock c doors unlocked reconfiguring vehicle to manual mode What? Oh wait hey! As Miles was protesting the heads up display dissappeared, and an ignition slot with key intact appeared on the right side of the steering column,the windows reverted to tinted mode just as Johanson opened the rear hatch to load the luggage in. Tricia jumped in to the passenger seat as the kids,Rachel 12 and Kenneth 14 jumped in the rear with Johanson.

Was noddin the head to some Dwele the name of the track A Pimps Dream from the Some Kinda… release. Before that I was pumpin an Old School Mix from the Tom Joyner Morning show. Right about now I’m listening to a stream of DJ Hype on Kiss 100 actually its Ray Keith who’s filling in for an under the weather DJ Hype. Hmmm they really make use of the text messaging heavily across the pond.

Diversions

Speaking of across the pond here’s a nice article in regards to failed efforts at voterregistration.

And what about over here and the Voting Rights Act? Hmm heres an article by way of [NorthJersey.com]

I know the whole idea of creating a place closed off to cars and open to pedestrians only sounds weak, espicially in this car focused culture, some will answer that’s what side walks are for. But what if there was such a place,maybe in a major city. I remember when a major part of my downtown area was like that,no vehicle traffic allowed. But that changed over the years after store owners complained. Read this piece by way of [Alternet.org].

And if you ever have a problem with wild goats,here’s a repellent that might wonders

So you think you may have a problem with robots? Well maybe this might help you out.


Todays clip is from a really obscure cartoon that’s so below the radar that many of you have never heard of it before. enjoy

Thats about it for now...next post wednesday...hopefully.

No comments: