June 22, 2005

Whensday

Man I wonder what is going to happen today. It takes major amount of meds to get me in the mood for this place. I usually start the first few doses when I wake up, take a few more before I leave the house, and finish up when I step through the door. Pretty potent stuff I must say, helps me make it to the point of departure in the afternoon. Wanna know what the meds are? Deep breaths, and thoughts about anything or anywhere else except the store. It works, almost too well. As I was walking out the back door heading towards the front of the house, I realized that the quaint greenery on the side from a few months back has turned into a sidewalk blocking jungle wall of doom. Hmmm if I turn around now, change my clothes, wait a few hours (don't want to wake the neighborhood, yeah I leave that early), grab the lopping shears,hedge trimmers,bow saw,etc, I can cut back the jungle. But then I realized that I wouldn't stop at that,hmm that azelea(sp) bush needs to be trimmed, and those trees branches are getting a bit outta control. Next thing you know its Friday evening, and I have amassed 10-15 bags of yard waste and missed two days of work. Hmmm.... oh yeah that's right I may actually get my paycheck today, must continue on to store, breathe in, hold, release....yaaay!
So the other day I got a call on my cellphone from a Village Voice fact checker asking to speak with fearless leader (well she didn't ask for "fearless leader") she asked for him by his real name. I informed her that she called my cellphone, which was weird because that was the number she was given to reach fearless leader. I directed her to the correct phone number,and then wondered why a village voice fact checker was calling for fearless leader. Here is the reason she called.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of "meds" are you taking ?

As far as a jungle, you ought to see all the bags of yardwaste I gather up because my neighbors (nigerians)like that "bush" look. reminds them of home.

Heartless Jim said...

ahhh, natural meds brother,just long cleansing breaths. Chemical dependance is wrong..oh wait wrong blog....damn! But seriously no need to worry not on drugs or anything like that.

Heartless Jim said...

Good One, yeah yeah that was definately on the strange side when she called me. as tempting as that offer is regarding the hanging, i'll have to postpone action on that matter.

Anonymous said...

Kims?
damn... you don't get much more iconic than Kims.

maybe bleeker bobs, but really now...

keep the deep breathing thing going... tell yourself, i love my job, i love my job, i love my job, i love my job, i love my job, i love my job, i love my job, i love my job and you will eventually come to love your job. sorta like telling your date OVER and OVER again that she loves (Graphic sexual description deleted by Cannibal to avoid upsetting persons who do not care to be made aware that graphic sexual things take place between people from time to time) while she is doing it... it works over time (much thanks to Anthony K from the red hot chili peppers for that tip, by the way...)

gotta get that jugle under control, brother... nobody likes a bush that's outta control.

and i'm out,
-Cannibal-

Heartless Jim said...

realcountrymike,that is so true. I always say it could be worse.