July 09, 2005

Friiiidaaayyy! Yeeeah

Was listening to the DJ Premier Breaks CD from the Kings Of Hip Hop set, and I was like damn Primo pulled out some joints,no they weren't those extremely obscure tunes that you might find on a DJ Muro release (Japanese crate digger,known for his rare groove tapes now available on cds) I think Muro might have actually come through the store once. Here's some of the tracks that Primo was beating up (if you've heard a DJ premier set you'll know what I'm talking about) Ohio Players-Skin Tight(single version) ,Heatwave-Aint No Halfsteppin,Grover Washington Jr.-Winter Majic (single version) Vicki Anderson-The Message From The Soul Sisters Part 1&2, then it slows down a bit towards the end.

Friday Morning
Man, so much for a well planned out day at work yesterday. One phone call killled that. Fearless Leader called at about 9:15 a.m. to say he wasn't going to be in because he has to do some work around the house. Wow gotta love those priorities. At first I thought this was him being spontaneous, but then after speaking to our sales person at our major cd supplier, I found out he did the old wait til the last possible minute before telling me thingee again. Wow thank you Fearless Leader.

Generic Filler because I was bogged down with checking in orders,and dealing with customers while fearless leader fooled around with a huge CD shelf thingee that he brought in from his cleaned up garage (that he says it doesn't even look like they did anything after six hours) and just left in front of the counter by the register....man get those blunt objects away from my hands.

Sister mentioned that Earth Wind And Fire was on tour with Chicago. Which she thought it was stange until I metioned the Chicago sound and both groups have that strong horn section so they should compliment each other well.

So I was asking some folks how come they haven't left comments and here's what one had to say.

That Guy Willie Jones from Fat Beats

"Haven't had a lot of time to do anything other than peddle records"

Gee thanks willie, I am so glad you had time to check out another blog because your name was mentioned. So I figured I would massacre your real name and not even refer to you by your nickname,yeeeaah! (did that make sense?)

Wow I was so glad when 8 p.m. came, I seriously need to rethink my Friday schedule.

Yeah its a short one,kind of tired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... i replied to this last night and it seems to have slipped into the great wide beyond (no, that's not a Dina reference,but it could have been)...

i was readin' off the list of mentioned artists (and if they get a mention from Heartless... Damn, that means something!) in yer last post and it occured to me how out of the hip hop loop i am... wondering if there are any good podcasts that can helpa brotha out... maybe get back up to speed.

gettin stuck with the store... some shit just never changes, huh?

-Cannibal-

Heartless Jim said...

yeah,...lol...podcast....lol..ok court date for fearless leader this tuesday...currently watching CNN hurricane Dennis coverage...still trying to put together menu for the week..tonight we're havin Catfish...

Heartless Jim said...

Damn I was just wonderin what wz up wit Wu-Ninja, wow a model...hmmm regarding venom they have started Energy back up again at the Living Room

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jim,
I only leave comments when my name is mentioned in the blog. Every morning I wake up and google my name. Then I sift thru the 2 million other "Willie Jones" out there. And Lo and behold....Heartless Jim's Blog. So what are we talkin about now......Ah yes...Friiiidaaayyy! Yeeeah! I wish I remembered Friday....then I could tell you all about it. The best I can do for you is yesterday. And yesterday was Tuesday. and well.....Tuesdays suck. So there ;)


Time to go.....I think I just got another hit on google...gotta comment over there.