July 07, 2005

Thirstday O!

Double Trouble double trouble, hmm that just popped into my head, I think it was from a freestyle session in Wildstyle or something like that. Hey yall how are you doing. Please join me in cheering on soon to be a category 3 Hurricane Dennis yeah I know its wrong to cheer on the forces of nature, but hey its a welcome distraction. Yeah I have peeps in the south, as a a matter of fact Alabama got some storm damage,hmmm gotta have someone call down there and check on the relatives.

Today's pre-store opening music selections:Future World Funk-The Up Disc (2 cd set), Soca Master Mix Vol. 2 (ridicously uptempo soca music with a lot of horns blasts, sound effects and on point mixing) I almost had to stop and thro mi hands in de air for a bit! I remember when I first played this cd over and over, Fearless Leader wasn't pleased. He can't take that style of cd with the horns and sound effects so u know I had to seek those out and make sure that was all that I would play. I wanted to make it Soca Thursday this morning but I couldn't find my Soca Gold mix cds (officially released by the label) I think the 2004 mix cd is better, but the 2005 has that hari krishner soca tune....but I digress, also in the pre-store opening music selection: The Kings Of Hip Hop (double cd released by BBE a few months back) and House You by DJ Cer (has a bunch of classics supposedly).

And now let me put on the extra bushy eyebrows, white hair wig and adjust my voice to whine mode (aka Andy R). I'm looking at the counter and it its covered with a few things,here's a stack of paperwork,and one sheets,for upcoming releases. Have you ever wondered...ok enough of that.

We actually got new a shipment of dividers (yaaay,hey mister I wanna go see air bud-crank yankers), Fearless Leader felt that since the trial date was not set yet he might as well get back to business as usual. Wow no more handmade cardboard dividers for the 7 inches. (damn that's a good tune playing...hold on a sec)

Ok where was I, oh yeah he actually decided to pay attention to the needs of the rest of the store go figure. So that's a project for today replacing the cardboard dividers with the new plastic ones,joy of joys. Lets not forget the incoming shipment of new reggae 7 inches,more 12 in vinyl and independent cds from that spot in Quincy. And since its Thursday I gotta look through the new release sheet for 7/12/05 from our major cd supplier. Fearless Leader always asks me what we should do on this one and that one, and sometimes I'll give him a weird number just to see his reaction. I always wonder if he really listens to what the customers are asking for sometimes.

Here's a litte preview of part II of the fiction thingee:

but before he could get to the bottom of the stairs he was stopped by a large man with the Doom insignia branded into his right arm. His body was that of a young body builder,but his eyes were cold, almost lifeless, and they spoke volumes of the many battles he has witnessed, "You may go no further young one...


Ok thats enough for now,comments are welcome

No comments: