July 06, 2005

Wwendzday

Morning pre-store opening music selection:House Of Yoshi by Dan Coleman,Bargrooves-Cosmopolitan,Craze-Miami Heat,and maybe the rest of Webbie-Savage Life,def feelin that cut Full of Dat Sh feat Lil Boosie,Listened to the Missy yesterday not bad. Usually dont get to that many cds in one morning but since Howard is on vacay I figured some music would help numb my mind before we open.
Ah yeah, it was starting to rain as I made my way in, luckily I missed the downpour. I guess there ain't gonna be any complaints about drought down there for a while. Hey lookee over there Mickey Mouse is doing the back stroke.
Oops that's right I was supposed to be doing a rant about work. Hmmm its Wednesday which means I must get the orders put together so we'll be stocked for the weekend,yaaay! Gotta check the pre-release sheets for the upcoming official vinyl releases,then formulate how many we'll need and then decide who I will order it from. For our major label vinyl releases we use two different distributors, one spot on Long Island and a place in Baltimore. The Baltimore dist is a two day ship,so if I want to get the new stuff for the weekend then I must get the order in before 5 pm today,plus they use heavy boxes and extra tape. If I use the Long Island dist they are a one day ship but their boxes can't handle the soccer skills of brown. My salesperson at the Long Island Dist has been sweatin me to buy new release cds from him. I told him to speak to fearless leader and considering fearless leaders loyalty to one company and his grudge holding skills it may not happen. Decisions decisions. On the whole thing of brown soccer skills,it is weird that our boxes get the most abuse, I think fearless leader has rubbed them the wrong way. Like that's anything new. He seems to think its because they run the belts to fast, yet our next door neighbors on both sides boxes look fine when they come off the truck..hmmm. Since its a short week, I gotta get the reggae 7 inch orders in also,we use two sometimes 3 distributors for that stuff. Woohoo, more music to listen to. Luckily some of tunes are available on-line to preview. Some, not all so I still get to harass my friend at one spot so he can play them for me over the phone. I am glad that he does that,it does make the ordering process much easier. There is more to all this ordering stuff, a few of the distributors have websites with real time inventory. There are some days when I don't even speak with a salesperson (yaaay!), I just click click click select checkout and I'm done. Or I email the order to em. Aint technology just grand.
Speaking of technology for those of yall with iPods be careful out there.

And now some more quotes:
Fearless Leader speaking to someone on the phone about the raid

"It's not fair,its just one of those things where we're caught in the middle"

"Yeah I Know,they're on every street corner,we'll have to get a van and do the A-Team thing,go around take pictures of them"

Customer after hearing about the raid:
"Yeah,they did it in Albany to"

"That's funny that they did it here"

Fearless Leader
"Not funny to me"

Customer regarding the whole thing
"You go to the store and bother them but you don't go to the bootleggers on the street"

Quick correction in regards to yesterday pre-store opening music selection: Future World Funk compilation is scheduled for July 12th street date d'oh! I was listening to the promo...

For those of yall who grill with charcoal, try using some of the natural kind every once and a while, I used some stuff called Cowboy Hardwood Charcoal to do up some beef back ribs yesterday and it worked nicely. Gave out a higher heat and lit up quickly. Btw I did a quick marinade for the ribs using Mr. Yoshidas Gormet Sauce and some minced garlic, once I tossed em on the grill I seasoned them with some salt free steak seasoning. Damn I need to get Pete Rock to do a remix of that tune they use in the commercial. Also on the menu was seasoned(not gonna tell ya what the seasoning was) steamed rice,and mixed vegetables. If you can't find Cowboy Hardwood Charcoal (try Lowes),you may want to look for Natures hardwood charcoal or Natures finest? I think I saw some at Whole Foods Marketplace.

Ok thats all for now got to listen to some new riddims on-line! Yaaaay me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

regarding the iPod theft / murder:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/06/news/newsmakers/stevejobs_ipod/index.htm?cnn

regarding the natural charcoal:

hell yeah. totally makes pork chops (you know i loves the pork,my brother) a taste EVENT. it's like biting into heaven - you can taste the virgins and everything!

regarding c-smooth and l-train:

it is a shame that your UMD alumni can't drop a line or two on yer blog and ya have to put up with the ramblings of the freak of all freaks.

-Cannibal-

Heartless Jim said...

realcountrymike, I'm currently rockin the non s dot Klump didn't you see the pictures, I pity the fool who messes wit my do! Man and it came in handy it was a bit windy this morning on the walk in but with the new airodynamically designe cut i was ab;e to slip through those dangerous air currents and make it in to the store!
I really don't know why L-Caboose or C-Smuthers don't respond but don't forget L is in Hotlanta w wifey & c has that child and wife soooo

Heartless Jim said...

Yeah just read it,that was nice of Jobs to reach out like that. Now if folks can concentrate on bringing the children up right,uh oh getting preachy,must stop.

Regarding your swine baiting...you know I don't mess wit that, I may have to cook it but I don't eat it

Like I told realcountrymike C & L have their own things to handle. Plus they aren't the only ones who I email in regards to this blog,don't get me started.

I don't mind you and realcountry's ramblings